You are hereHome › About Our Collection › Land Records › History and Background: The Administration of Land in Saskatchewan › Bibliography of Useful Sources
Bibliography of Useful Sources
The following sources contain useful information regarding the history of land settlement in Saskatchewan:
Lalonde, A.M. “Colonization Companies in the 1880’s” Saskatchewan History. Volume 24 (Autumn 1971), p. 101-14.
Lambrecht, Kirk. The Administration of Dominion Lands, 1870-1930. Regina: Canadian Plains Research Center, 1991.
Martin, Chester. “Dominion Lands” Policy. Toronto: McClelland and Stewart Limited. 1973.
McKercher, Robert B. and Bertram Wolfe. Understanding Western Canada’s Dominion Land Survey System. University of Saskatchewan, 1986.
Saskatchewan Genealogical Society. Tracing Your Saskatchewan Ancestors: A Guide to the Records and How to Use Them. 3rd Edition. Regina: Saskatchewan Genealogical Society, 2006.
Waiser, Bill. Saskatchewan: A New History. Calgary: Fifth House. 2005.
- Search Our Collection (Threshold)
- Land Records
- History and Background: The Administration of Land in Saskatchewan
- Homestead Files at the Provincial Archives
- Search for a Pre-1930 Homestead File
- Other Saskatchewan Land Records
- Court Records
- Documentary Art
- Education and School Records
- Family History Research Sources
- Government Records
- Maps & Architectural Drawings
- Moving Images
- Municipal Records
- Newspapers and Other Publications
- Political and Ministerial Records
- Recorded Sound
- Records from Private Donors
- For Young Historians